Dear CAE members:
The excitement builds as the AAA meeting gets closer!
We know you are busy with packing, grading, writing, and making your powerpoint look great; yet, the following information may make your meeting experience a bit easier.
CHECK OUT THE CAE/AAA PROGRAM
* If you haven’t yet, make sure you print or download the handy CAE Program PDF. Share it with your colleagues, students, or others who are new to CAE/AAA.
* Remember there is a CAE event on Saturday, 11/23 at the Field Museum. You can register at “Engaging the Public in the Anthropology of Education.” ($15.00 regular/$30 with lunch)
* AAA has made a available a Personal Schedule and a Meeting Mobile app for Android, iPhone and iPad devices. You should know that the information in these tools will sync; if you have already created your schedule in the AAA website, this data will be available in the mobile app. Learn more about how to use the AAA mobile app here: AAA Annual Meeting Mobile Application: A Brief Survival Guide
* Green Registration: Remember that if you signed up for “Green Registration” back in March (so long ago!) , you will not receive a printed program in Chicago. So make sure sure you review the online program and get the app, so this is not you upon registration.
* Last but not least: Bookmark this CAE website in your browser or iPad! We will be posting updates and relevant information there. It’s much better than searching for CAE messages in your email inbox.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
* AAA has put together an Annual Meeting FAQ with relevant info on registration hours, social media, etc.
* An important highlight: There will be Internet at the Hilton!
Is wi-fi available in the Chicago Hilton?
Yes! Thanks to our generous sponsors, Intel, wireless internet will be available in public areas of the Chicago Hilton for attendees use. Bring your laptops or your smart phones to keep connected!
USING SOCIAL MEDIA
* The official hashtag for the event is #AAA2013. Although some folks use #AAA13 to save 2 characters.
* Please post and follow CAE events using the hashtag #CAE13.
* Bookmark and visit the AAA blog with Annual Meeting posts
DO YOU *LOVE* SOCIAL MEDIA? AND CAE?
* If you (or people you know) are interested in supporting CAE, and working in social media initiatives, please let us know. Service opportunities available! Please email or talk to CAE webmaster ([email protected]) at the meeting –most of the time, I look like this.
Thanks and safe travels everybody,
*photo by Damon Garrett