Council on Anthropology and Education/Studies in Educational Ethnography
2022 Travel Award Announcement
About the CAE/SEE Travel Award
The Council on Anthropology and Education is pleased to offer the annual CAE/SEE travel award in partnership with the book series, Studies in Educational Ethnography (published by Emerald Publishing).
As part of the American Anthropological Association conference, scholars can apply for the award once their paper has been accepted to the conference, and the selected recipient will be provided with a $300 stipend to support that selected author’s travel to the conference. The selected recipient will also receive a complimentary copy of a book of their choice from the Studies in Educational Ethnography series.
If the selected winner is in the early stages of their career, the editorial team of SEE will also arrange for the scholar to be paired with an expert member of the book series’ Editorial Advisory Board or other senior scholar in the field to provide the scholar with feedback on and support on improving their paper. If suitable, the author will also be invited to submit the paper to a future volume of Studies in Educational Ethnography.
The travel awardee will be chosen based upon the following criteria:
1. Acceptance of the paper for presentation at the annual conference
2. Membership in CAE
3. Junior scholar status (within 5 years of Ph.D.)
4. Originality and promise of paper to ongoing educational ethnographic work
Eligibility and Application Process
CAE members will submit no later than Aug 19, 2022
- Letter or statement of application describing promise of their paper for ongoing educational ethnographic work and proof of paper acceptance to the AAA conference
- 2-page vita with relevance to CAE/SEE Travel Award
- Submissions to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org